Sustainable design is the core of Studioverde’s practice. Our team has a broad range of expertise to help clients improve their environmental footprint with beautiful, sustainable, and functional designs. We can transform your campus or property through the creation of high performance landscapes that provide multiple benefits such as pollinator habitat, stormwater infiltration, energy and cost savings. And for those who are looking to go the extra step, our expertise in SITES and LEED certification and ecological restoration practices will make the certification process easier.
We focus on providing a holistic and practical approach to campus and properties that leverages multiple benefits, marrying function with beauty. Ideas include:
- A stunning low-maintenance garden that provides habitat for birds and pollinators;
- Rainfall treatment and retention systems that integrate the services of a restorative and educational water feature ;
- Cost conscious stabilization of steep slopes with self-sustaining native vegetation for multi-seasonal color and texture.
- Custom landscape art features created with appropriate native plants, mosses, local stone and recycled glass.
Our sustainable approach offer creative and smart design and long term land management solutions for large and small outdoor areas.
SITES v2, a third party rating system released by the Sustainable Sites Initiative, is the most comprehensive system for the development and management of sustainable landscapes. Developed over seven years with input from hundreds of organizations and thousands of professionals, SITES v2 incorporates lessons learned from 100-plus pilot projects that can be applied to any size project, with or without buildings.
Studioverde’s team includes Constance Haydock, PLA, ASLA – one of the few nationally recognized landscape architects responsible for a 2 Star SITES Pilot project: Hempstead Plains Interpretive Center, Nassau Community College 2015. SITES certification is a complex process and our experience with the SITES rating system, sustainable design, and ecological restoration can help you efficiently evaluate and expedite your project. We offer a discounted project application fee via our ASLA (American Society of Landscape Architects) membership.
We offer landscape and planning expertise for LEED projects, including consulting on how to maximize the “Sustainable Sites” section and filing of the related prerequisites and credits.
Completed LEED projects include:
- Margaret Chase Smith Federal Building, Bangor, Maine (LEED Platinum)
- Bright’n Green Sustainable Housing, Brooklyn, NY (LEED Platinum, Living Building Challenge Certified)
- Customs and Border Protection facility, Easton, Maine (LEED Silver)
- Maine Coast Heritage Trust Mount Desert Island Office + Campus, Maine (LEED Gold)
- Heron Drive Residence, Falmouth, Maine (LEED Gold)
studioverde landscape architecture + design is a women owned business enterprise, certified in Maine (DBE) and New Hampshire (DBE) New York (pending) and WOSB eligible.