Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE: Georgia + Maine (SV), WBE: NYC, NYS and PANYNJ (CHLA) Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB, US SBA certification (SV))
The Studioverde team is a mission-driven collaborative which guides non-profits, local governments, organizations, and communities to envision and reach ambitious resiliency and sustainability goals. Together with our partners – CHLA and Linnean Solutions – we are a nationally recognized group of sustainability and climate solutions experts, dedicated to land and built environment solutions for climate change.
Our expertise in landscape-based solutions, building science, adaptive strategies for historic reuse, and third-party certification brings a holistic and systems-based approach to each project. We bring people together to develop meaningful solutions that address the challenges of climate change, sustainability and resiliency.
Partner roles with clients and design teams:
- Facilitate integration with a variety of stakeholders for effective results.
- Adapt process, developing benchmarks, and tracking outcomes for planning and development frameworks.
- Lead resilience and adaptation planning and implementation.
- Support in key areas of climate, resilience, sustainability and regenerative strategies and concepts.
- Strategies to integrate the site’s natural ecosystem with the buildings.
- Act as third-party oversight to facilitate stakeholders through project needs.
- Direct community/stakeholder charrettes on climate change, sustainability, resiliency – trained faculty members for the LENSES regenerative development framework for team facilitation.
- Sustainability and climate change planning/policy development — backgrounds in landscape architecture, design planning, architecture, policy, building science, resilience and adaptation planning, permaculture and regenerative design.
- Guide process, planning and establishment of achievable goals for regenerative development.
- Facilitate identification of benchmarks for measuring project performance, including certification programs such as, LEED, SITES, WEDG, TRUE, Passive House, Living Building, and Pathfinder Climate Positive Design.
- Guide the establishment goals and metrics for greenhouse gas emissions, embodied carbon, carbon footprint reduction, and carbon sequestration.
- Integrate and adapt the latest building and ecosystem services science into design.
- Communicate unique and complex stories of environmental and social performance.
- Establish guidelines to monitor performance over time, particularly for new and innovative approaches.
- Support and education and awareness campaign – building dashboards, website, surveys, etc.